Tuesday 24 February 2015

Normandy Research

The last few weeks has seen a welcome return of my interest in the Battle for Normandy in 1944. For the planned recce to the area I knew there would be a lot of research needed even with just focusing on the first two -three days and just the American sector. However I have been pleasantly surprised but just how much material I keep finding that I am looking forward to reading through.

I even managed to find three books at a war-games show that were useful (well two of them are not so much linked to the American involvement but are for a future recce).

It helped that they were all on offer as well and I always struggle to pass up history books that are 50% or less than the RRP.

This was a short update on what I am doing at the moment and will post up some of my research soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment